The New York Rangers acquire Patrick Kane from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for two draft picks
The Chicago Blackhawks keep 50% of Patrick Kane's $10.5 million contract
- Arizona Coyotes agree to take half of amount held by Blackhawks and send 2025 third-round pick to Rangers
Patrick Kane is one of the best players in the NHL with 25 goals and 38 assists in 58 games this season.
Patrick Kane played with the Blackhawks for 15 seasons, winning three Stanley Cups and the Hart Trophy as the NHL's Most Valuable Player in 2016.
- This deal is important because it affects the future of both teams.
- For Rangers, they get a star player who can boost their attack and increase their chances of competing for the Stanley Cup.
- For Blackhawks, they get rid of an expensive contract and get draft picks that they can use to rebuild their team.
- This deal also reflects the end of an era of success for Blackhawks with Patrick Kane.
Patrick Kane, a professional ice hockey player and alternate captain for the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks, has a net worth of $28 million. Kane was one of the rare players in the NHL to score over 1,000 points.